13.8.09

Selected Poems

“Sexy is…”

Sexy is confidence
Sexy is intelligence
Sexy knows exactly what buttons to press
Sexy is in the eyes
Sexy is in the smile
Sexy moves slowly and always has a plan
Sexy oozes sexuality
Sexy is a whisper in someone’s ear
Sexy is a secret only you can hear
Sexy is…



(Untitled)

Rain
The bottom of my pants soaked
Seeping through my socks and into my shoes
Home
I wipe my nose
Peeling my socks from my feet
Ring
I rush to the phone
I hear a sales voice
Beep
No thanks!
I hang up
Meow!
Cat needs some water
Rubs up against my leg
Soft
I stroke her fur
Baby talk
Pants
Peeled from my legs
Shirt
Flung to the floor
Shower
Warm water falls on my head
Running down my back
Eyes


“Rainbow Songs”

Who plays me?
He plays me
Like a fiddle
Like a dusty, mosquito filled field of childhood baseball games

Orange is the colour he wears
Bright and piercing like a florescent light bulb reflecting off of a basement wall

Why do I allow this foul behavior to happen around me?
As if I continue to tolerate this piece of egotistical testosterone
It makes me want to puke

Green

Red is what I see this season
Deep and desirable like someone I once knew

Where must I go from here?
I am lost now
Lost on being lost

Blue, this is how I feel
Like jail house walls
It makes me want to scream

Grey, as a rainy day
A comfort I long for

When must I make my move?
Tomorrow is too soon
Why?

White doves flying before my eyes
Because I am not listening
Where black knights ponder in the moonlight



"Fame"

Tell me who I am
And who you want me to be
Tell me what it is you see

Hang on to my every word
Reap my soul

Talent is a waking dream
Fame is the nightmare it breeds

Sit next to my beauty
So you can be beautiful too
I am god in your eyes
Your affection is no surprise

I'll tell you who I am
And who I am to be
I'll tell you what it is I see
This admiration I subconsciously need



"Simply Imperfect"

Simply imperfect
You know what I mean
Don't move it
Don't jerk it
Let's keep it clean

Apples and oranges
It's all just the same
Simply imperfect
It's part of the game

The French hate the English
The fat hate the greed
Simply imperfect
Just like our dreams

A lesson in language
Revealing pride out of spite
Simply imperfect
All is fair in the fight

Simply imperfect
You know what I mean
Don't move it
Don't jerk it
Let's keep it clean



"Baby, Waiting In The Rain"

Baby in the rain
Waiting for a ride
Beads of water hit the pavement
Baby is all wet


“The Apple”

She asks him for an apple
He kindly hands her an apple from the basket
She smiles and thanks him for the apple
He sits beside her in silence
She bites into the apple


“Always in my mind”

There is a chill in the air
The icy wind breathes down the street
Into the space between you and I
You walk toward me
You wrap your arm around my shoulder
Holding me close to you
Greeting me with warm affection
You ask me how I’ve been
I ask you
Our words flow into sync
I think about you from time to time
Your long dark hair tangled in between my fingers
My face nestled in the curve of your neck
So that I can smell you
All the cigarettes and body odor
The scent of your laundry detergent
You wake my erotic thoughts
We speak to each other like angels
The sex must be like heaven


“Look Only Once”

Speak to me softly
And I will give you my soul
Touch me loudly
My body will follow
Watch me
As I watch you
My heart pulsates
Deep into my garden
I water it
Careful not to drown the flowers
Unlike me
Yet so far into you
I am a present in a birthday game
Every layer has a different texture and colour
You intoxicate me
And I want more


“The Cage”

Give me a reason to breath into your cold silence
Creating a frosty cloud of indifference
Understand this!
And I understand nothing at all
Yet I am familiar with your ramblings
He who speaks only of others speaks poorly of himself
He who speaks only of himself, speaks poorly of others
He who speaks of great thoughts and ideas, speaks for everyone

0 comments: